2020 SFHC Volunteer Schedule (5-22-2020)
The full schedule is also embedded below from Google Sheets. If you are unable to view the volunteer schedule embedded below (your employer may not allow you to access Google sheets from work, for example), this PDF version will be periodically updated as well.
The State Farm Holiday Classic would not happen without our amazing volunteers.If you are interested in volunteering, please look at the Volunteer Schedule below and check the available spots to volunteer. We are in need of experienced volunteers to:
- keep the scorebook
- work the scoreboard and clock at each game
NO OTHER VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES ARE NEEDED FOR THIS EVENT AT THIS TIME OTHER THAN WHAT IS LISTED ABOVE.
No pre-tournament training will be given, so previous experience and familiarity with these duties is strongly recommended. If you work a minimum of four games (one session), you will receive VIP access to the entire tournament. Please contact Jon Luthe (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions or to let us know what shift(s) you would be available. Thanks! (The updated Volunteer Schedule is a the bottom of this page.)
Public Address Announcer
- Public address announcer guidelines
- 2019-Holiday-Classic-starting-lineups | 2019-Holiday-Classic-starting-lineups (Word doc)
- 2019-Holiday-Classic-scoresheets | 2019-Holiday-Classic-scoresheets (Word doc)
- 2019 PA Game announcements
- Scorebook Checklist
- As the Official Scorekeeper, please have a coach from both teams review their roster in the scorebook, confirm or edit, and INITIAL the book before each game starts. We provide rosters based on what the coaches enter into the web site before the tournament, but many times these change on or before the actual game day. Getting confirmation from each team before the game starts will hopefully prevent issues from happening during the games with players not being entered correctly.
- Please total the book to verify individual and team scoring before submitting the final book.
- According to the National Federation of High Schools Association rule, all official scorekeepers must wear official’s stripes while at the table. If you have a shirt, please feel free to bring that with you to wear while working. Otherwise, we will have a striped pullover penny for you to wear at the table.
Selden Marquart Volunteer of the Year
Each year, the Classic Tournament, Inc. recognizes one of our volunteers who goes above and beyond in helping make this “The Best Basketball this side of March!” Named in memory of long-time committee member Selden Marquart, the award is given to one of our volunteers who displays the traits that Selden embodied: entrepreneurial spirit, fierce determination to do everything to the best of his ability, and willingness to give up his time for the good of the event. Selden served the committee in many capacities, including serving as one of the original members of the Holiday Classic Scholarship Committee. He passed away on July 10, 2013.
Past award winners:
2013 Cary Frey
2014 Frank Becker
2015 Tom Crain
2016 Steven Jackson
2017 Bill Cook
2018 Charlie Crabtree
2019 Lucas Smith