In order to comply with current rules in Illinois (including from IDPH and IHSA), honor the requirements of our venues, and most importantly to respect and ensure the health, safety & well-being of players, coaches, fellow fans, staff & sponsors, the following protocols (subject to change as necessary) are being implemented for the 2021 State Farm Holiday Classic. Thank you in advance for your cooperation and for helping make it possible for us to safely host the Best Basketball This Side of March!
Masks are required of all individuals attending the State Farm Holiday Classic in all indoor spaces at all of our venues, regardless of vaccination status. If you aren’t able or willing to abide by this requirement, please purchase a streaming pass to watch all 128 games of the Classic live online.
- Masks should be worn properly over the nose and mouth.
- Fans are required to wear a mask when utilizing all restrooms or gathering in indoor spaces.
- Face shields are permitted, but must be worn in addition to a mask.
- Physical distancing is encouraged in all settings – regardless of vaccination status.
- Fans should maintain a distance of 12 feet from student-athletes, coaches and officials before, during and after all games.
Food & Beverage
Where concessions are available – and in hospitality rooms – items may be consumed within the venue. Please do your best to remain distanced while eating or drinking and keep your mask on as much as possible.
Classic Tournament, Inc. is an all-volunteer committee. Those helping run the Classic are volunteering because of a love for high school basketball and the community. CTI reserves the right to remove any fan or participant for not following the COVID protocols. Please don’t force our volunteers to worry about enforcing protocols, to engage in a confrontation, or to make a difficult decision regarding removing someone – your cooperation means a lot to everyone at the Classic and is very much appreciated.
Impact on Tournament Brackets and Scheduling
If a team withdrew due to COVID-19 protocols prior to December 27, 2021, every attempt was made to secure a replacement team. Where that was not possible, the withdrawing team was removed from the tournament and their games became a “bye” on the bracket.
As of 11:59pm December 26:
- Minonk Fieldcrest withdrew from the SSB bracket and were replaced by Normal Calvary Christian Academy.
- Kankakee withdrew from the LSG bracket and were replaced by Champaign Centennial.
- Chicago Hyde Park withdrew from the LSG bracket and were replaced by Pekin.
- Plainfield North withdrew from the LSG bracket. They have been removed from the tournament and their games on the bracket will be byes.
Should a team have to withdraw once the tournament begins, their games will be forfeited.
A bye or forfeit will not be played, but all games will be played at their scheduled times.