Coming off one of our most successful events in tournament history, we’d like to announce the Holiday Classic Scholarship program will return for the 17th consecutive year!!
The Holiday Classic Scholarship program is now accepting applications. Eligible student-athletes should complete the online application form.
The program was established to recognize and award $1,500 scholarships each to four eligible high school seniors (one winner per bracket) who participated in this past year’s tournament. A selection committee of current and former educators will choose the winners based on leadership skills and academic performance.
Applicants will be asked to demonstrate their experiences in student activities and community service, and are required to submit an essay titled “How my high school sports experience helped prepare me for success in higher education.”
All eligible applicants must:
- Have been listed on the roster of a participating team in the 2021 State Farm Holiday Classic – players on teams who had to cancel due to COVID are still eligible
- Be a graduating senior this spring/summer
- Maintain a grade point average of 2.75 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Be admitted to and plan to attend a 2- or 4-year college
- Have earned a varsity letter in basketball this year
Applications can be submitted online by April 30, 2022 and must include the following:
- A completed online scholarship application<http://theclassic.org/about/holiday-classic-scholarship/scholarship-application/>
- Brief essay (200-500 words) entitled “How my high school sports experience helped prepare me for success in higher education.”
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from those who have worked with player in student activities or community service programs, like a coach, principal, guidance counselor, etc.
- Proof (note on school letterhead) from basketball coach that a varsity letter in basketball was/will be awarded